Searching for inspiration for your Christmas dessert menu?
Look no further because our team have your Christmas desserts sorted with recipes passed on from our families to yours. After all nothing says “Christmas” more than sitting down to feast with your loved ones.
Nothing feels more like Christmas than a traditional Christmas Pudding recipe that has been passed down through the generations. This recipe has been a Christmas staple in our General Manager Ammie Watts’ family for decades.
Ingredients for the pudding:
- 250g butter
- 250g dark sugar
- 350g raisins
- 350g sultanas
- 115g mixed candied peel
- 200g bread crumbs
- 150g flour
- ½ grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3tbsp almonds chopped finely
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp brandy
- ½ cup milk
Directions for the pudding:
- Beat butter and sugar to a cream
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well
- Continue beating as you add in the dry ingredients, then the brandy and the milk
- Steam in a buttered mould for seven hours
- Serve with hard sauce
Ingredients for the hard sauce:
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tsp rum
Directions for the hard sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a basin and beat it with a wooden spoon until it becomes the same consistency of whipped cream
- Serve over the pudding
We can almost taste the Christmas spirit!
Our Business Development Manager Anna Hewlett’s, mango sorbet recipe is so delicious you’ll want to save room for dessert. Another family recipe, this is so easy you can do it with or without an icecream maker!
- 1 cup pureed mango
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream
- Blend the lemon, mango and sugar
- Whip the cream
- Add the cream to the mango mixture
- Freeze for minimum 2 hours before serving
This refreshing dessert is perfect for a warm Christmas day by the pool.
Our Express Catering guru, admin alrounder and chirpy telephonist Kate Dwyer is winning everyone over with the below rum ball recipe. These are a great little addition for any Christmas lunch spread.
- 1 large chocolate cake
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sultanas
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp instant cocoa
- 250g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp rum (or more)
- Lots of chocolate sprinkles
- Crumble up the cake and add walnuts, sultanas, rum and instant coffee
- In another bowl cream butter and icing sugar and add cocoa
- Add the icing mixture into the cake mixture
- Roll into little balls and roll across the chocolate sprinkles
- Refrigerate and serve when hard
From the team here at Wine & Dine’m Catering, we would like to take the time now to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a safe New Year.
We will be taking some time off during the Christmas period from the 19th of December – 4th of January 2021. Our team is taking time off to recharge in readiness for a bumper year of events and catering in 2021. We look forward to returning in the new year.